1st Dirty South Mini Bike Rally

.......so 1 1/2 drive for a 15 min ride very poorly planed to say the least:cursing:maybe Sq Chop will chime in if he aint too mad:doah:
'
I ain't mad...... But.... This whole thing just serves as a reminder that THIS IS THE INTERNET, so take what you read with a grain of salt. :hammer:

As far as the "event" goes, I'll admit I showed up over an hour late cause I was thrashing to get a bike running, so I guess I could've missed something :shrug: but basically it was like this......

"BBQ"..... Nope

"Permission to Ride"........ No

"Poker Run"...... Nope

"Races"...... None

"our most southern chapter has 7 members, then the dirty south has 13, most with more than one bike"...... Uh, didn't see any of those guys Saturday. It was pretty much two or three guys with one Doodlebug in the back of their truck aside from fist and I who each drove down from West Palm.

Bottom line is this.....

It's a damn good thing none of you guys further north than WPB spent the time or money to drive down, cause this whole thread has basically been BS from the beginning. One guy from Miami trying to get something going, and there's nothing wrong with that, but what he represented his "event" as and what it was were two entirely different things.

And I damn sure wouldn't hold my breath for any T-shirts either. Just sayin'

Oh well, there's always Windber. :thumbsup:

I ain't mad...... But.... This whole thing just serves as a reminder that THIS IS THE INTERNET, so take what you read with a grain of salt. :hammer:

As far as the "event" goes, I'll admit I showed up over an hour late cause I was thrashing to get a bike running, so I guess I could've missed something :shrug: but basically it was like this......

"BBQ"..... Nope

"Permission to Ride"........ No

"Poker Run"...... Nope

"Races"...... None

"our most southern chapter has 7 members, then the dirty south has 13, most with more than one bike"...... Uh, didn't see any of those guys Saturday. It was pretty much two or three guys with one Doodlebug in the back of their truck aside from fist and I who each drove down from West Palm.

Bottom line is this.....

It's a damn good thing none of you guys further north than WPB spent the time or money to drive down, cause this whole thread has basically been BS from the beginning. One guy from Miami trying to get something going, and there's nothing wrong with that, but what he represented his "event" as and what it was were two entirely different things.

And I damn sure wouldn't hold my breath for any T-shirts either. Just sayin'

Oh well, there's always Windber. :thumbsup:[

Well at least I'm trying. Don see anyone else trying. Instead of just reaching out and saying YO! Alex I see you have good intent. point me in he right direction. That would be positive. But instead just act like pre madonas. Driving down from palm beach With your A/C full blast don't make any of you "HARDCORE". I would take all positive comments like a man, But I guess no good deed goes unpunished. :rolleyes:
You guys been in this game longer than me. Have you organised anything ? Lets do some even if its on your area. I'm down. BTW its not the arrow but the Indian.

pull up a little late 3 bikes 4 guys stuff into a van went to the area and thought "man theres is a lot of people in the park" look around saw 3 guys hanging around a doodle bug pull up say "whats up with the mini bike event" turns out only 7 people so far got our bikes out and our very own Square Chopper and son show up pull out there bikes so now we all tearing up the parking lot when county park workers show up and kindly let us know we gotta go so 1 1/2 drive for a 15 min ride very poorly planed to say the least:cursing:maybe Sq Chop will chime in if he aint too mad:doah:
'
Man, if I had come down 8 hours round trip and spent $100 in fuel plus other travel expenses only to find a non-event, I'd be very disappointed. I have to admit I was very skeptical once I saw the "permission to ride" a South Florida county park. I lived there a long time ago and I remember them being pretty strict about almost everything.

Now, at the very least it was a great idea. We hold at least 3 rides each year in our Dual Sport motorcycle club - DixieDualSport.com. A lot of hours are put into each event, well over 100 man hours. We have to get permission and permits from the Forestry Division that manages the event venue, American Motorcycle Association permission (all events we hold are AMA sanctioned). Insurance for the specific event. Then the routes for 100 to 140 miles for each day are laid out and test ridden in the weeks and days prior to the event, ribbons put out along the routes just prior to the event, get the starting point location reserved for camping for those that do not live near the area including a pavilion for sign in and sound test. Set up the caterer for two days lunch along the route at a county park. The T-shirts ordered based on entries received at the cut-off date. Make arrangements for entertainment Saturday night. Get volunteer club members to handle road crossings at high visibility areas as well as volunteer sweep riders that flush everyone out of the woods and pick ribbons up. All of this before the first kick stand goes up on ride day.

This all started back in 96 with a core of about 10 to 15 club members and has grown and grown to each event with 150 riders minimum. Many many things to attend to prior, during and after an event. Each one is better than the last. One thing we have learned over the years is to start planning early - six months in advance AND you can never have enough help to make the event a success.

These things need to be more than an idea. Once put into place, get some help to cover these arrangements. If the event is not ready, cancel or postpone to a realistic date.