20 Series Torque Converter Issues

old shed finds

Jeep 2003 is correct,, you are after more road speed? You are running too large of drive sprocket,, Axle Sprocket,,maxing out rpm without desired speed.... count the teeth then order sprocket with less teeth you will be surprise about top end gain....even 3 or more less sprocket teeth gets you smaller sprocket.. We are tote gote, mini bike guys and sometimes we get a 20 bucks roller bike to build thats missing everything so we custom build our jackshaft and sprocket setups........

Attachments

yes the converter is designed to keep the engine in the right rev range. like the automatic transmission in a car. If you are maxing it out quite often you should really be running a higher gear ratio. It doesnt make any more power at that high rpm anyway

yes the converter is designed to keep the engine in the right rev range. like the automatic transmission in a car. If you are maxing it out quite often you should really be running a higher gear ratio. It doesnt make any more power at that high rpm anyway
So, I’m currently running a gear ration of 5 as I have a 60 tooth on my axle and a 12 tooth on my jackshaft. From what I’m hearing in here from you guys is to lower the number of teeth on my 60 tooth? I know that that would lower my gear ratio yet raise my top end speed, am I correct in that???