212 predator throttle issue- Help

Hello all. I have a predator 212 with a stage 1 kit installed. Open muffler and air filter with adaptor, #90 main jet, 0.020 pilot jet, autolite racing spark plug. Engine runs very well idling and slow acceleration. Issue is if you stomp the throttle it will stall and cutoff. I have tried removing the air filter and gas cap but it doesn't change. Carb is squeaky clean with fresh gas. Any ideas on what this could be? (I have video but it will not upload)

Hello all. I have a predator 212 with a stage 1 kit installed. Open muffler and air filter with adaptor, #90 main jet, 0.020 pilot jet, autolite racing spark plug. Engine runs very well idling and slow acceleration. Issue is if you stomp the throttle it will stall and cutoff. I have tried removing the air filter and gas cap but it doesn't change. Carb is squeaky clean with fresh gas. Any ideas on what this could be? (I have video but it will not upload)
Welcome!!!

What kinda carb???

#90, don't sound like a stock carb jet.

I changed back to the stock jet. Still does the exact same thing. I do also have that bit.
Hold off on the bit for now. We gotta get it going with the stock jet 1st.

Put the stock low speed jet back in. Some carbs won't handle it, without other mods.

Lets get it moving in stock form, then we can make small changes.

Does the carb have a low speed air/fuel mixture screw???

It's a flat head screw, between the idle speed screw and the black insulator plate next to the valve cover.

If, so it should be fine 2-3 turns out from seated.

Last edited: