4 hp brigg point/condensor set ?

I recently was given a 4 hp briggs that was once on a Monkey wards snowblower. Probably at least 20 years old. After I got it home, I could not find the id numbers on the blower housing, and found out that these things were supposed to have the numbers stamped on the sheet metal snow deflector housing that covers the carb etc. Well, thats missing. I think all it needs to run is a point and condensor set. I have seen these as being described as the same for most 2-8 hp briggs applications, so I was wondering if anyone out there can confirm this, before I buy some useless junk to fix this thing.

Thanks !

Motra

It'd be easier to just install a magnatron coil, then you can bypass the points and condenser. I have one you can have for the cost of shipping if you want, PM me if interested.

Hi All;

Thanks lawn boy for replying - There are no numbers on any of the locations marked in red. Apparently Wards had them marked on the shroud that used to cover the carb and fuel tank, that's long gone. Anyway I took a minor gamble and bought a points set. It worked out fine !

Motra - Thanks for the offer on the points conversion, but what I have is working good ! Maybe next time !