4 wheeler wirering

I have a Baja 50 cc,4 wheeler,the wire harness was a mess,and key was missing.so I took all the wirering harness off.and I am setting up a more simple set up..my problem is that it I cannot get spark to the plug??I get voltage from one red wire from the engine, there r 4 wires from the engine..the coil has 2 lead wires I ran the live wire from the engine to the coil and tried to use the other coil wire as a ground and also to the other engine wires but no spark to the plug??is an electric start(battery)

can anyone say what the 2 leads of the coil should conecct to??this engine has a light set up also,bit not concerned with that stuff..

thanx

Ohhhh man.. I had a china dirt bike with no key and had to take apart the ignition switch to make it work... but the wiring was all there.. Uhhhhh there should be like a power out to the coil, nuetral safety, charging system lead..... Not sure exactly what is who in all of them or how they work.. I know most any of that stuff is EIC and will need to go to that CDI box for ignition spark.... I sold the bike to a buddy and I'll be over there tonight.. If I think about it before I've had a 14 pack I will go eye ball it a little and see if I can make heads or tails of that one... ALSO I know he has a 50CC china quad for his grand son and THAT bike is %100 BUT it ALSO has no spark some times because of the plug on the CDI box has a terminal about burnt off and you had to pinch the wires down tight at an angle for it to work.. He ended up putting a different one on it but I would go through the system and look for burnt of connectors too.. :shrug: that china stuff is made to SELL not USE... it's dirt cheap of piss-poor quality and inferior metals and you run into wires fell in 1/2 and stuff like that allllll the time on them... Look for corrosion and bad connections... I'll look over the dirt bike and quad tonight if I think about it..

Most that stuff SHOULD be color coded too but.. :shrug: China.. ya know? :shrug:

Ohhhh man.. I had a china dirt bike with no key and had to take apart the ignition switch to make it work... but the wiring was all there.. Uhhhhh there should be like a power out to the coil, nuetral safety, charging system lead..... Not sure exactly what is who in all of them or how they work.. I know most any of that stuff is EIC and will need to go to that CDI box for ignition spark.... I sold the bike to a buddy and I'll be over there tonight.. If I think about it before I've had a 14 pack I will go eye ball it a little and see if I can make heads or tails of that one... ALSO I know he has a 50CC china quad for his grand son and THAT bike is %100 BUT it ALSO has no spark some times because of the plug on the CDI box has a terminal about burnt off and you had to pinch the wires down tight at an angle for it to work.. He ended up putting a different one on it but I would go through the system and look for burnt of connectors too.. :shrug: that china stuff is made to SELL not USE... it's dirt cheap of piss-poor quality and inferior metals and you run into wires fell in 1/2 and stuff like that allllll the time on them... Look for corrosion and bad connections... I'll look over the dirt bike and quad tonight if I think about it..

Most that stuff SHOULD be color coded too but.. :shrug: China.. ya know? :shrug:
ok cool,thanx I have all the wires but I am not experienced with this type of ignition,with the cdi box...I do not even have that hooked yet unsure..

any help will be great!!!

enjoy your beer,.....

still no spark??

that looks like it way help me get this thing fired up!!!!
thanx to all for your help...
I have the cdi box,but I am totally guessing on how to wire it,I tried several diff.ways to wire it with no luck...I have juice from the motor,and I get juice out from the cdi box,but cannot get it to fire plug spark??

I called baja they wont advise me on L"how to jury rig the wirering"

the cdi has to be hooked up and working before you will get spark
I have the cdi box,but I am totally guessing on how to wire it,I tried several diff.ways to wire it with no luck...I have juice from the motor,and I get juice out from the cdi box,but cannot get it to fire plug spark??

update on 4 wheeler wireing

I realized I needed to attatch the cdi box,to the set up..and after countless hours of testing I got spark to the plug...just by trying diff, wire combination...I hard wired it with a push button start and a toggle kill button....installed a new battery..but did not hook up the recharge system,just have to give it a trickle c.no an then...runs like a champ,,best of all it was a freebee.....