5hp briggs...need carb...angled piece...

Old school flat head briggs i need a carb... Not the oldschool in tank one that came with it but something better... Will a mikuni 22mm work?.. Also does anyone know where i can get an adapter so it would be angled out a bit.. Having a hard time finding good info and ive been searching the forum with fierceness...:shrug: sourcing these pieces is giving me the headache...:confused: want it to look like the one in this post

http://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/general-minibike-talk/64325-too-hot-outside.html

Welcome:thumbsup:Many outfits sell em but if your engine has only two intake bolt holes it's an older model and has a specific one. I made mine but I'm cheap, used a Mikuni off a Robin Subaru OHV 4hp and it works crazy good. A mess but here it is:

My briggs looks just like yours.. 3 bolts on exhaust so not that old...if u could point me in the right dire tion as to where i might buy one of them gems id be happy.... At this time i do not own a welder :shrug:

Turk Brothers and JR Race Car Engineering (Jr Dragster stuff) sell intakes for Mikuni and Tillotson carbs. There are others but those are the ones that come to mind. I look on Ebay first. And sine you have three bolt holes you can use either the old style or new bolt pattern so that's good. Make sure your engine can move the fuel or find a small carb, you will want a header to move the air through. Too many options to list and tons of threads if you use the search features here at the red margin up top and the google search (click on the OldMiniBikes not internet) on the home page here. Good luck and happy searching.:thumbsup: