5hp Tecumseh motor

I had this sold to another member but unfortunately he wont be able to get it.

I cleaned the points and set them. Great spark , sprayed starting fluid in , and fired up.This was off a snowblower. It is 3/4 shaft keyed . It had the small pto shaft also but the previous owner cut it down to about a 1/2 inch.

$60 plus shipping

Starts right up? I'm looking for a motor for my bike I just bought a frame this past weekend and from what I'm hearing these are better then the honda clones?

I have a slew of motors and no time. I bought all of them in a package deal. I personally would plan on at least cleaning the carb and probably do a needle, seat and float. I dont know that it needs them but while you are going to the trouble of stipping and painting an engine, I do it just to make sure. I sprayed starting fluid in it and it started, Other than that I have only cleaned and set the points because it had a week spark when I got it.They will definately out last the clones, but the clones if taken care of are very depenable too. I just think the Tecumsehs make the mini bike look original.:thumbsup: