69 or 70? Broncco?

I bought this minibike off my cousin when i was like 9 or 10 years old.

It's been sitting in our barn for almost 20 years. I decided to drag it out today and I have a desire to get it going to screw around the yard with.

I did a little google search and discovered that it's definitely a broncco but i'm not exactly sure what model. I'm looking to find some information on it.

Welcome it is a late 60's Broncco TX-1 , engine not original , picture of the other side with shot of rear wheel would help identify which model of TX-1 it is :thumbsup: I like the Broncco's they ride good and are cool looking

Last edited:
Looks to be a Broncco TX-1 Deluxe...but it's tough to see if it has a jackshaft. If so, then it's def. a TX-1D. Tf it was a TX-L it would have lights on it. If it was as TX-1 Standard then it wouldn't have springs in the front. Then again yours doesn't have the weirdo handle bars that's TX-1D's. My guess is most likely a TX-1D with the wrong handle bars...Here is a picture of mine...

That bike has a drum brake on the rear in the picture so it is not a TX-1D they have a disc on the other side :shrug: . Could be a TX-1L with the lights and fenders missing and Standard handlebars .

I was at my parents house earlier and totally forgot to take a picture because it was dark. I'll be out that way soon and take a few more pics.

I would be confident to say the bars aren't stock because they are also uneven like one is forward more than that other. I almost wonder if the bars were home made that are on it.

What do you guys mean by a jack shaft? Where would that be?

That bike has a drum brake on the rear in the picture so it is not a TX-1D they have a disc on the other side :shrug: . Could be a TX-1L with the lights and fenders missing and Standard handlebars .
Good eye...I overlooked that. With all of that in-mind...It's some hybrid TX-Somethingorother. LOL. It's clearly some form of TX-1 and whatever it is, it's not in its original form.

I have seen some TX-1L's without lights that were factory, BUT they had the front and rear light brackets on them, like a TX-6.

LOL, the more I look at the picture, the more it doesn't make sense. There is no bracket coming off of the frame in the rear that you'd mount the rear fender to (assuming it's a TX-1L.). And the hole where the swing arm is supposed to go doesn't look right. In fact that whole area doesn't look right. Most of them are square looking and taper down towards the back near the swing arm. Yours has some funky piece that must've been welded on later. I guess I should copy the picture and point to the area I'm referring to...but I'm too lazy! lol! Lastly, the TX-1L has TX-6 style front fenders...whereas yours looks like it has TX-1D style front fenders from the way they mount onto the front fork tubes.

Anyway, it's some hybrid TX-1 of some kind....

Last edited: