'69 Rupp Banchi Project

Here's a photo of a Rupp I picked up on eBay late last year for $114.00. The only parts missing were the pull starter and side cover, air filter housing, clutch guard, and brake cable and brake arm.
I have it disassembled and almost ready for paint. I'll post more photos later.

Hey, Buckeye! Believe it or not, the original bright yellow was painted over with a faded, flat maroon that looks just like rust in the photo, but there was very little rust on the frame and forks. The only rust was on top of the corrosion on the wheels and on the chain and sprocket! You should see it now...as mentioned, I'll post more photos soon. :thumbsup:

No doubt...every year I attend the massive Oshkosh airshow and many of the pilots and aviation enthusiasts who attend are aircraft homebuilders and tinkerers. There are always dozens of vintage minibikes cruising around the massive campground, among other things. One guy has a motorized love seat with a joystick that travels sideways via a gas motor that is hidden by the skirt that rides about 1" above the ground. This thing does at least 15 mph and cracks me up every time I see it! Another guy has a bicycle with a gas motor mounted behind the seat with a pusher prop surrounded by an airboat-like prop guard. I can't imagine it's very stable at high speeds! This year I am going to take several photos of the oddball motorized stuff that shows up, and post it on this site. At the very least, it will be good for a few laughs. Seeing the minibikes every year always made me wax nostalgic about them, as I learned to ride minibikes in the 60's and early 70's and I'd always say "someday" I'm going to restore one. I started buying project minibikes last fall and I'm getting carried away just a little. I have the Rupp and two Cats, plus some "junk" that I didn't know enough to steer away from before I knew what I was looking at! Enough to keep me busy (and perhaps broke!) for years to come.

buckeye

I can relate. That junk just might come in handy. I was buying anything I though could be used. Have sinse figured out not everything is useful.

The good news is I can get my money out of the junk, if not my time. Plus restoring old minibikes, even the "less-than-desirables", is still less expensive than therapy... :hammer:

The Oshkosh airshow is HUGE. I didn't know they allowed minibikes to run around there, i'll have to check it out this year:thumbsup:
That's a sweet Rupp, BTW:thumbsup: