A closer look at the Heathkits

A closer look at the new mini's reveal that a few important parts are missing. 1 of them is missing a jackshaft and dbl sprocket clutch. 1 of the motors is missing the air cleaner, and the recoil is broken. i think i'll restore one to original and build the other to ride the hell out of, and then i'll spare parts for the other.:hack:

the seat still has its manufacturer tags. theres also written in pencil "4-72 V.D. Curry, Torrance, CA."

The frames are also still tagged

i think this is a good fit for this one:thumbsup:

I pulled most of the bikes out of the garage so i could clean up. Im running out of room real fast!

Still a pretty good buy with the missing parts. If you're out looking for parts and find a front fender and jackshaft bracket, grab'em. I'll take them off your hands. I'm dying to ride mine.

He just needs to bild a rack for the little ones. :thumbsup:

My Boonie has the same tags, maybe we should compare numbers sometime and see if we have any brothers. :wink:

I would like to know haw that 16 HP works out, will it put you on your back and have no top end or will it be a mountain machine? :doah: Glad you found a home for that engine.

Mine is #07560. looks like they went to 6 digits at 010000. I wonder how many they made, and if anyone has an old ad. I'm curious what they cost new.That 16hp might pull the jackshaft out of the engine plate. may be too much for the #35 chain. I bet it would be a killer ride tough.

Last edited:

jeep4me

You guys got me curious. So, I checked to see if my heathkit has any tags, and it does. I had to strip off 2 layers of paint but there it is #06533. Cool!

My ser# on the frame is # 03422 ,,,, so far mines the oldest! :thefinger:

I also have a tin plate stapled to the seat says GT-10 and 934 then "series number" 3659A. you guys have this tag also?