Adding key ignition

Hi guys ,
I got a doodle bug with a preiditor motor. I like to add a key on and off . Can someone link me to the parts I need please.
Also like to add a front light and rear tail light,what parts needed for that thx
Thx Tom

Last edited:
As capguncowboy stated, the keyed ignition would only be just that, a keyed ignition which would serve no meaningful purpose in preventing theft and would act as a secondary kill switch. It would basically function like the ignition switch on your handlebar, only you'd have two of them, or you could replace the handlebar switch altogether.

As far as the lights are concerned, you need to buy a charging coil and a flywheel for your specific engine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You could maybe try running the wiring through the tubing to make it harder to "hot wire". When he was in high school, my Dad used to hotwire my grandpas CT90 by inserting a metal sewing pin into the two ignition wires connecting to the keyed ignition to complete the circuit. If you can prevent access to the wires connecting to the ignition, you can make installing the keyed switch more worthwhile. Keep in mind that someone stealing a mini bike probably isn't that bright to begin with, and anyone basically can pick up a mini bike and throw it in their vehicle so a keyed switch only prevents starting the bike (ideally). If you're just trying to make it so your kids don't ride your mini while you're at work or something, this could be a good deterrent if done right and your kids aren't schemers like my Dad (and I) was.

capguncowboy

Honestly, if you're worried about theft, your best bet would be a hidden switch somewhere on the bike. hide the wiring so they can't figure it out. It might not keep them from stealing it, but it'll take them longer to get away with it.

Not worried about theft. I got to events that I park it and walk around. Also I got buddies that would think it's funny to take it . But they would not cut wires and stuff.