After a 20 year break I'm back...only now I have an unlimited budget!!!!!

So I was trying to find something to hopefully bond with my nephew and ran across these. My bike at 12 was an "el-Tigre". It went away at some point now it's back...20 years later. Another El-Tigre!! I'm educating myself on where to get parts. I think I'd like to build a "retro mod". I'd like to get a 60s Briggs and add all the cool new billet stuff to it that they didn't made back before the Internet.

image.jpeg

The pull start leaves something to be desired as well ....

Tec tank on a Briggs ... or is that a Briggs recoil on a Tec?
The carb is a Tec ...
Lack of air cleaner ....

Last edited:
The Briggs on the orange one seems to be a mutant. The tec on the Tigre runs poorly, i still hate tec motors. I'm gonna go get a couple Briggs 5hp motors tomorrow. The orange one is gonna be my nephews if he shows appreciation/interest in it. Probably get a flojet or whatever they used to be called carb for it so it runs well. And let him weld a header for it. Tigre I'm gonna either put a 440 sled motor on it or a full boogie 5hp with classic tin

I'm in white oak. As soon as I have one running we can go and have a showdown. What are you running, motor wise?
Ha ha I'm not really competitive, I just do my own thing... I mostly ride up north by Meadville PA, nothing special just mostly in a field with one of my kids riding with me.

My Boonie is the only ridable bike now and it has a knock off Honda, doesn't have much power. I had a bike with a Tecumseh OHV 6hp that was stock, the bike would do wheelies with the 2 speed setup.

Well I'm supposed to pick up some motors this week I also got a go kart for my other nephews I'm just waiting on new torq-a-verters to show up. Then I can play with mine

Well look what I got today!!! I've got 7 motors to work with now!! Lol. I just need my dream motor for the el-Tigre now and I can start mocking up the chassis

image.jpeg