Alexander Reynolds 4921

I have a very rough Arco frame.
It's a model 4921.
I have seen models of 25xx,36xx,etc but no other 4921 and like most of us with new old toys,
I'm curious about it.
I did see a thread that said on the 25xx models the 25 stood for 2.5hp and the last digit might be the year.
Anybody have any Arco info or even brochure pages/pictures ?
It's definitely a beat,weathered little rig.

Attachments

dshot59

It certainly had a rough life for sure.I have an old arco as well. Don't help much I know but welcome to the arco family. These people on here are great and very knowledgeable I'm sure they can help more then i . I asked bout mine too and I don't think the numbers ment much back then just a serial number I believe, the lower ones the older or something like that . Enjoy

Attachments

novadose74

I have a very rough Arco frame.
It's a model 4921.
I have seen models of 25xx,36xx,etc but no other 4921 and like most of us with new old toys,
I'm curious about it.
I did see a thread that said on the 25xx models the 25 stood for 2.5hp and the last digit might be the year.
Anybody have any Arco info or even brochure pages/pictures ?
It's definitely a beat,weathered little rig.
Wondering if you could take a few close up pics of the disk brake caliper please. Thank you.

It certainly had a rough life for sure.I have an old arco as well. Don't help much I know but welcome to the arco family. These people on here are great and very knowledgeable I'm sure they can help more then i . I asked bout mine too and I don't think the numbers ment much back then just a serial number I believe, the lower ones the older or something like that . Enjoy
Thanks.
It really has had it very rough thru the decades.
Poor thing needs lots of TLC.
I have seen the model number sometimes denotes some things about the bike but it seems random enough that it could take a long hard investigation to ever figure how the model numbers break down.
I the serial I think is also on the ID tag.