Alexander Reynolds question

cp478

I just aquired my first mini and absolutely love it. I was telling a buddy of mine about my new mini being a j.c. penney el tigre and he tells me he has one rotting away in his back yard.
It is a alexander reynolds according to the decal on the front and the decal on the engine.

My question is this thing is pretty rough but still solid. It can be restored but is it worth it or is this one not a very good make or maybe a really common one?

I just aquired my first mini and absolutely love it. I was telling a buddy of mine about my new mini being a j.c. penney el tigre and he tells me he has one rotting away in his back yard.
It is a alexander reynolds according to the decal on the front and the decal on the engine.

My question is this thing is pretty rough but still solid. It can be restored but is it worth it or is this one not a very good make or maybe a really common one?
It is absolutely worth the effort to restore it. They are great bikes ! One of my personal favorites among the numerous manufactures. They are simple and easy to work on.They use standard length bolts for the axles and neck (unlike many back then) They have fairly beefy bushings in the neck that seem to stand the test of time, and most have a nice wide open frame design and a fairly big motor plate that opens the door for a bigger motor if you wish. (although IMO they still look best with a Tec flathead) GO FOR IT ! :thumbsup:

It is absolutely worth the effort to restore it. They are great bikes ! One of my personal favorites among the numerous manufactures. They are simple and easy to work on.They use standard length bolts for the axles and neck (unlike many back then) They have fairly beefy bushings in the neck that seem to stand the test of time, and most have a nice wide open frame design and a fairly big motor plate that opens the door for a bigger motor if you wish. (although IMO they still look best with a Tec flathead) GO FOR IT ! :thumbsup:
Pics would help!
I have 3 Arcos and like them all! They are all projects, one is custom now but started out a very rusty standard EZrider, one is a nice original EZ rider with Apes, correct tank and custom seat, the one furthest from done and will be a rider only is and old bushwhacker it will have small wheels and a 3.5 briggs............

cp478

I am currently taking apart my el tigre and restoring it.
I am in negotiation for the reynolds one and I think I will have it by next weekend, hopefully. When I get it I will take some pics and post them.

Thank you for the responses!

Arcos are nice but if you are gonna run a Briggs you might have to move the motor mount plate forward like mine, Other wise the tank hits the rear wheel. I have a pic with a Tech on it and a 5hp Briggs

Tecumseh 3.5

Briggs