Alsport RTS 340

Yoop, I've got one more question for the day. My engine didn't come with a recoil cover. I've bought one similar to your's and not getting a good fit. I think someone switched the cup to allow for a Briggs recoil to work with it. Do you have any pics of your cup or someone else's motor's cup. Thanks againl

Yoop, I've got one more question for the day. My engine didn't come with a recoil cover. I've bought one similar to your's and not getting a good fit. I think someone switched the cup to allow for a Briggs recoil to work with it. Do you have any pics of your cup or someone else's motor's cup. Thanks againl

Thanks Yoop. Definitely lower profile than the one on mine. I think it was added to work with the Briggs recoil that was attached to the motor. The pic helps me a lot. Thanks again.

No, I'm finishing up a 1966 Lil Indian and a Baja Dirtbug with a Predator. First chance I get I'm gonna take lots of pics and post to this thread. I did purchase a Kohler k295-2ax motor in case I can't get the 340 up and running. I finally got the right cup and recoil combination. When I purchased mine it was advertise as a phase III racer. I've been looking at every pic on this site and google and something about mine is just a lil different. Might be some add ons. My kids start their district baseball tournaments this week so builds will all be a lil slow. I may get a chance to snap a few pics tomorrow.

Here's a few more pics. I wonder if this is a Phase III racer as advertised? Shawnster I hope these pics may help you also. The Kohler 295-2AX is a backup motor in case the k340-2AX can't be repaired. Anyone recommend a clutch to fit it. Shawnster the 295 has a slide clutch but was wondering if you could tell if it had the adapter you spoke of. Also what are the rods that meet behind the seat for? Come together under the flat piece of metal in the back. On the right handle bar I think the push button is a kill switch. Not sure of the other control located beside it.of.

Sorry meant carb adapter.:cursing: Does anyone know the brand of clutch I would need for the 295 kohler. Looks like portion of the clutch is still present.

Sorry meant carb adapter.:cursing: Does anyone know the brand of clutch I would need for the 295 kohler. Looks like portion of the clutch is still present.
No problem. Yes your engine does have a carb adapter. However, I would replace it due to age. Plus the Mikuni VM conversion kit we spoke about comes with a new one.

Shawn