am i too heavy???

hi,

i just recently bought a DB30-Y in fact, 4 days ago. I bought it when it still in the box. I actually assembled it. An hour later, I started it and voila!! sounds nice and looks cute until i rode in it. well it says load limit is 150 lbs. and im about 205-210 lbs. when i give it gas, it seems like its dying then i found out that the choke lever is not adjusted properly. so after messing around for about 15 mins. i think that all is well . when i gas it up its having a hard time going and it takes a long time to rev up to full speed. Am i just too heavy or the warning label is for the weld not to crack??

yourself along with many of us on board here have the same issue with the stock engine- it's mainly for young kids/teens. wouldn't worry about the welds, there are members here that have put these frames through a lot and they hold up well.

I weigh 205, and would have to push off a little bit, cause the stock motor doesn't have any torque, but it would keep going pretty good. I even rode 2 people on my stock db motor, i'd have to get going pretty good and have someone at running pace jump on the back of the seat while the bike was moving, wouldn't top end as much with only 1 person on it but it was still decent speed probably 15-20mph.

:scooter:

den35

Naw.You aren't too heavy.The manufacturers make that claim to protect themselves for morons who blame them for poor manufacturing after those morons have severly abused the bikes.

As previously stated,the stock engine is way too small for anyone more than 100lbs.Many DB owners on here have yanked the stock DB motor and put on a 5 to 6.5hp motor.I recommend that for you as well.The difference is like night and day.

If your mechanical skills aren't great,PM CJTMini.He's a member who has created and sells a very simple conversion kit to go to a 6.5hp motor.

However you choose to upgrade your motor,you won't regret it.:thumbsup:

I weigh in at 275 and my minibike with the 6.5hp engine can still pull me along at around 19mph(the bike is all stock, gov is still in). I've taken it over small jumps and bumps and still no problems though it does bog down on hills.

I'm looking forward to pulling that damn gov out and installing a billet rod and TAV2.