American Leisure Cobra III

Just picked up this (Panther?) Cobra III by American Leisure Ind. out of Philadelphia PA. That's all the info I have been able to find on it, seems there is not a lot on the web about these American Leisure bikes. It seems to be pretty heavy-duty, built very solid. 1" bars, fold-up foot pegs, scrub brake. Has a 3hp Briggs on it now that probably isn't original but is supposed to run good. This one is gonna get just enough done to it to make it a good rider, leaving the barn-find cosmetics alone and just replacing what is missing/broken (tires, tubes, throttle, foot peg covers, etc.), and maybe a new seat. minibike12.JPG minibike10.JPG minibike09.JPG minibike11.JPG

Ajaxmini has a pretty nice survivor. Your should have been Tecumseh powered I believe. If you decide to sell it or trade it, keep me in mind? I live close to Philly and wouldn't mind owning one.

Will do minibikin'! I have only seen pics of one other Cobra III and it had a Tecumseh on it. May try to find a good HS50 or 60 for this one, but I want to get it going with the Briggs 1st since out of the 3 bikes I picked up this weekend, this one is the most complete and closest to running. Should just need fresh gas.