an old bird

that's the mini bike not me! no wait, I'm old too! I'm confused. anyway, i bought this for $30 at the swap meet. thanks to this site, i found out what brand it is. it was really beat up. i have straightened out the forks and one of the backbone bars. i made a new bushing for the neck. because it was also reworked for a bigger motor sometime in it's past, i had to cut one of the tubes under the motor and straighten it out. it had a 5" slick on the back that was wasted and a decent 6" on the front. luckily the rear wheel has a sprocket on it. now all i have to do is get a new slick, then a motor so i can get the clutch, then buy the throttle and seat, then sand blast it and paint it, then assemble it. nothing to it!

Welcome to the site!:thumbsup: I have one that's original, it has a 2hp briggs and will carry me along but very slowly. Yours will make you a good minibike and it 's looking good so far!

it's finished!

Well, here it is.
Not bad, considering how bad it was when I got it. I only have so much money to spend on it since I have several other hobbies that seem to take money too. It's funny how that works. Anyway, hope you like it.
I had to fix quite a few problems with it. The brake needed to be bent to clear the kickstand I put on. I made fender mounts and had to cut the front fender down the middle and take some material out so it would fit between the forks. One of the top bars was bent pretty bad, so I cut it out and welded a new piece in. When i bought it, it only had wheels and tires on it, which weren't very good. I bought a new slick for the back and since the front was a 6 in rim and the back was 5, I put a 4 in rim and tire on the front. I cut off the square material for the pegs and welded round stuff on instead. I also need to buy some foot peg rubber. I was at the scrap yard recycling some cans and low and behold! Right there on the ground was 3 hp Briggs and Stratton motor. I asked how much? He said 40 bucks and just like that, I had a motor. I got it home, poured gas in it and it fired right up.

Last edited: