Another new guy

Hey guys,

My name is Jeff i'm from south jersey i am 53 years old and work in construction. i currently have a Cat mini bike project that i am working on (200 or 300x). Back in the late 60's or early 70's i saved up my money and bought a brand new cat 400x. It was so cool!!! it had the 4hp Briggs and a disc brake. Sorry i ever sold it. I am getting a 5 Hp Briggs built for the Cat i have now it will have about 7 -8 hp. I remember on the old Cat breaking the bolts off that held the handle bars to the forks so many times that my dad got me some hardened cap screws to hold them on. I rode that first Cat so much that i wore out the motor and had to rebuild it. I still need some parts for my project so i will be on the lookout. Let me know if i can be of any help or drop me a line just to chat.

Hi Jeff : Welcome to the OldMiniBikes forum sounds like your Cat will do some strong Purring with that hot Briggs motor. Back when you were young riding you mini bike was preferred to just about anything right ?
No video games to distract you and a whole lot less restrictions. Send in some pictures of you project soon. Steve :scooter: