Another reason for my wife to kill me...need an ID

jeep4me

I just picked this up this morning for $30, he even thru in a 3hp Tec. I'm working on cleaning up the front name plate but the red paint is really stubborn. Any ideas on what it is and how to clean off the paint without wrecking what's under it?

I've used denatured alcohol, but you have to wet a rag and wipe it over the paint repeatedly. You may lose some of the decal, but there should be enough left to decipher what it was.

Cleaner

Carb/coke cleaner will take the paint right off. Don't know what your ID tage is made of or how the ID is printed on the tag so use caution.

jeep4me

is that tank supposed to sit waaaaay out there like that?
The engine was off a rototiller and that's just where it was mounted for that applicaton. I'll switch it around when I put the motor on the mini.

It would make a nice little side table, though.

delray

jeep4me,it looks to be a scat-cat? it has the same style engine mount and rear wheel mount bracket. scat-cat did make bunch different style of bikes. most of it was in the wheel size and handle bar design and also a bike that looks like a rupp with full suspension.
jeep4me,here some scat-cat's. i think yours was a cheaper model? (no pictures with the same handle bars)
SCAT CAT

delray

i like the tread design on the rear tire:thumbsup: i don't think you will find that tire anymore.

here is a picture of my scat-cat with bigger rims and different handle bar design.

07D675

I actually used acetone to remove old paint from the tag on my bird project. just go slow so you don't remove all evidence... It took a little to soften the paint but then it happens REAL quick...

jeep4me

I was able to remove some of the paint but the tag under it was pretty much destroyed already. I can make out the words "Grand Prix" and it has two little checkered flags above the words and it is all in side of a 3" or so circle. It has a white background with black lettering. Ever hear of this kind?