Any Bicycle Enthusiasts?

Here's a Schwinn Typhoon I built for my son to ride with his wife and daughters. It's what I consider a Rat Bike. I started with a bare frame that had the original seat, forks/handlebars and crankset. I bought a new men's Huffy beach cruiser from Walmart to get wheels the color I wanted. He said the original seat was too uncomfortable so i put a new, softer and larger Schwinn seat on it. The black seat looks better on it than the original blue and white seat did. He likes dragbars so it got them instead of high rise bars - he lost out on the Harley project, it's got ape hangers instead of the drag bars he wanted. LOL I like drags and apes but need the taller bars so I can ride with my back straight - not supposed to ride at all, as per the doctor's!
View attachment 263427

I'm also building my daughter-in-law a bike, too. I've got a 30-40 year old women's Huffy beach cruiser bare frame. Unlike my son, she likes high rise bars and that's what she will get. I'm going to buy some new purple wheels to go on it and will paint it yellow except the fenders. I covered them with fabric and have included a pic of one of them. I haven't picked out all of the parts, accessories and components yet. I have a basic idea of what I want it to look like and will figure it out as I go along - or as I find stuff cheap/on sale. LOL I'd love to find an old art deco looking chain guard from the 1930s or 40s really cheap. If I use a modern, boring chain guard, I might cover it with that same fabric.

Attachments