Any Chargers out there???

It is definitely with out guestion a CCS Charger, The mark on the bottom of the sticker is not a PO or any other combination. It says CC with a S underneath. That was Central Cycle Supplies insignia. If you look at a old Mini Bike Guide Magazine you should see some ads. And you'll see what I mean. The 1970 Christmas guide has that identical bike listed.
Powell made the Challenger. Not the Charger. It's easy to confuse them because there both Chrysler names.
Randy:scooter:

Didn't mean to be a hard a**, but people who have useful literature should scan them and post or email them to Hent. That way they could be put in the brochures and ads and a simple search would find them. That would be better than holding out and using them to correct people who are trying to help the guy out.

I don't take it that way... I'm the original responder to this thread. I only reiterated what I said two pages before. With the exception of describing the insignia. Could you imagine taking a magazine and scanning it, in it's entirety into a forum? It would be quite a lob! To say the least.
Most of the "popular" mini bike ads from the vintage guides have been scanned into OldMiniBikes.com or doodlebug.. But CCS is a rather obscure brand. For all the mini's you generally hear about or see there is at least that many that are unheard of.
But when I see something I can add too, or remember seeing, then I reference my books and I'll post.

:smile:

The obscure brands are the info that is needed,and yes, I can imagine scanning a whole magazine onto a forum. Not that I'd like to do it. I work on a site editing photos for hours at a time. For nothing more than the satisfaction, but thats just me. But If someone posted a relatively unseen brand or model, and I had a picture, the first thing I would do was post it up. That would be undisputale. I'm sure you're right after a second look. But a picture is worth a thousand words. :wink:

Last edited:
Thanks, both haave been a lot of fun. The 'stang has 165,000miles and the Charger probably has double that. My wife bought the Mustang, her first car for $1800 in 1977. We met in 80.
My dad bought the Charger at a local Esso station, in a fire sale. The seat had a small melted area and was writtin off. I hope to be able to find a rear tire that matches the one on it. The most mentioned thing on the bike when I was hanging out with the other mini bikers was the cool wide agressive rear tire. Thanks for the help, this site will be one of my favs..

My folks just moved up to Maine. We are going to get them a computer, I'll make sure this site is on his list as well. My early memories on that bike is riding tandem in front of dad, until I was ready to solo. Happy thanksgiving to all...

Last edited: