Any Chargers out there???

hello all, my first post here. I have a Charger mini bike that has been in our family since the late 60's. It has rear coil overs, front telescoping forks. Power is a 5 hp tech. through a jack shaft. Rims are 2 piece magnesium 6 inchers.
I hope to have some pics soon. Planning some work this winter, excellent website....

Hi, Post some pics. My Daughter's mini is a Charger. There is pics under my photo's. Made by Central Cycle Supply. Nice sturdy bikes but I don't think they where popular. There almost non-existent. I've only personally seen one other then mine. There in the old guides and magazines, a few different bikes but they where all designated "Charger" From what I've seen.:scooter:

Good to know there are some out there.
I found mine right in town in a guys shed. The only other one I seen was at the Carlisle Bike Fest over the summer. But thats it, other then in the original mags. I got my daughter's fixed up peretty nice now. I will have to post a new pic.

:scooter:
Randy

I'm gonna try to attach a pic, this bike is as much fun now as it was over 30 years ago. It's all original but the tires are dry cracked very badly. Still runs nice

Last edited:
Now that what i like to see! Every guy needs one bike that he can beat and pound into the ground and not worry about scratching the paint or something.

I think I am gonna leave the paint original, try to find some carlisle tires like the ones on it. The head is off the engine, probably not gonna dig any deeper, just lap the valves and rebuild the carb.
There has been 3 generations of folks that have ridden a million miles or more on that old bike. My industrial arts project in 7th grade was a rebuild of the engine, that was in 1973. I remember my dad threading a straight piece of water pipe in the exhaust, loved to hear it backfire, before the huge forest fire. No just kidding... I shot a bunch of pics today, will post soon. Excellent site....

I'd blast and repaint to stop the rust and let it live on another 35 years. :thumbsup: Get THY pics up MR! Tires are still available but indian heads are harder or more $$

Mac they wheels look the same as manco and alike.

Any idea as to the origin of this bike? I'm guessing it is very expensive to get tires like the originals. They are carlisle and cracking very badly but still hold air. I guess I'm gonna strip and paint the frame, but protect the fork head markings. Already ordered a header flange for the tech....

Last edited:
Carl Tires are $15.95 unless you want the indian heads on them, then you'd have to find someone selling NOS on e-bay. maybe $30?

Oh, and you can change your gears for high end. How many teeth are on the left side JS gear?

Last edited:
Carl Tires are $15.95 unless you want the indian heads on them, then you'd have to find someone selling NOS on e-bay. maybe $30?

Oh, and you can change your gears for high end. How many teeth are on the left side JS gear?
I'm gonna keep the same ratio, where would you go for the tires?