any ideas?

alanD

I'm trying to help out a friend of my wife's. She has a couple barns full of stuff she wants to clear out.

I'm trying to figure out what this is (yes, and if it's worth something to somebody)

That wraparound frame on the rear end seems pretty distinctive.
It's actually pretty big for a "mini" bike.

My guess: Model 53A Civilian Airborne. Check it out on the web. Lots of photos around. Post WWII. Cool machine.

Looks like they were manufactured between 46 and 48. The difference between it and the military model was the addition of a rear spring.

Last edited:

alanD

thanks Dave. wow I had no idea. took a look at the links, some cool old scooters.

i've been dreaming of having an old vespa for a couple of years but this could be much much cooler.

plus, I could probably negotiate it for part of my fee. I need to help this lady sell several motorcycles and a an entire machine shop.
this old scooter probably just looks like a bunch of junk that she'd be happy to let me take away.

thanks Dave. wow I had no idea. took a look at the links, some cool old scooters.

i've been dreaming of having an old vespa for a couple of years but this could be much much cooler.

plus, I could probably negotiate it for part of my fee. I need to help this lady sell several motorcycles and a an entire machine shop.
this old scooter probably just looks like a bunch of junk that she'd be happy to let me take away.
Yup, way cooler than an old Vespa. If you don't want it, I know someone who does. :)