Anyone have a clue what make & model this one is?

I have an opportunity to possibly get this one for around $400. It looks to be in pretty good shape, is only a few years old and has a fresh 5hp Tecumseh engine.

I'm curious as to (1) what make & model this is; and (2) whether it sounds like a good deal?

Thanks for any and all help...

View attachment 4061

Looks like a Manco Streaker.
I know you know far more about these than I, but from looking at a few pics online of the Manco Streaker, this one looks different. For example, the gas tank is on the side where as the Streaker's is in front of the engine and the chain/sprocket appears different.

Are you saying that the one I posted is an older model Streaker?

Again, thanks for your help. I just want to make sure I'm not getting screwed.

Not a good deal! They are all over the place cheap I got one for $40 with a nice raptor briggs! Ending up selling the frame because it was way to small and not a classic.

That engine probably hangs way out the right side and the older ones came with a 3.5 HP Tecumseh. The stock wheels should have had 5 or 6 slits cast into it and where aluminum.
The scrub brake is on the left side. Some models have straight bars and some tilted foreward. I believe the newest ones have Subaru engine.

Anyway, you can get A LOT of real classic mini for $400! So I would keep looking. :thumbsup:

That is not a good deal for a non vintage manco. I have a streaker from the 60's that I am redoing. Also that 5 horse is to big for that bike very unstable in the corners.

Kelly

I have a 5 horse like that and I would not use it on that small of a bike.

Since I haven't seen the bike in person yet, can someone give me an idea of how big it is (i.e. the approximate dimensions)? I'm about 5' 11" & 215 lbs. and don't want to look like the clown in the circus riding the micro-bike...LOL!

Thanks.

Since I haven't seen the bike in person yet, can someone give me an idea of how big it is (i.e. the approximate dimensions)? I'm about 5' 11" & 215 lbs. and don't want to look like the clown in the circus riding the micro-bike...LOL!

Thanks.
You are my size, and I can ride mine, but I look like a monkey hahahahaing a football on it. I got mine mainly for the kids. I would go with a little bit bigger bike for you. I think they are about 3 foot long.

Kelly

You are my size, and I can ride mine, but I look like a monkey hahahahaing a football on it. I got mine mainly for the kids. I would go with a little bit bigger bike for you. I think they are about 3 foot long.

Kelly
In that case, can someone point me in the right direction (online and/or in the Dallas area) of a larger framed bike? I've looked online far & wide and not had much luck. This bike is primarily for me so that I can chase/follow my kids around the neighborhood while they are on their Razor bikes.

If you are willing to pay for a new bike, Do you have a Harbor Frieght around your area, they have Doodle Bugs for about 300.00, or Check on Ebay and Craigslist....