Anyone Into Fox Body Mustangs?

I think the fox body mustangs look good, much better then the gen that came next. The fox body cars made great looking racers, IMO. My wife bought a brand new '96 V6 Mustang. It was a total POS.

SN95 fronts, Lincoln Mark VII rear. The front spindles, rotors and calipers were front a 95. The rear Lincoln stuff is the same as the SVO. I just finished the rear tonight, I'll post some pics tomorrow, it was too dark and cold to get any tonight.

Antioch is about 45 minutes from San Francisco. Nor Cal Bay Area.

FastFox on FEP.
oh ok good job...
your gonna run the bullits on it?

I think the fox body mustangs look good, much better then the gen that came next. The fox body cars made great looking racers, IMO. My wife bought a brand new '96 V6 Mustang. It was a total POS.

The SN95 cars are nice and all, but they really arent as fun to work on. I like a simple 302 with a carb. An overhead cam fuel injected 4.6 isnt really my thing.

looks nice!:thumbsup:
Thanks. It still has stock paint, and its sun baked, so the next thing will probably be paint. I want to keep it silver, grey, etc, but I dont know about the two tone. I do know I want the keep the body moldings and trim charcoal grey. I also think I might switch to 87+ quarter windows, or SVO sail panels. No too sure yet.

Thanks. It still has stock paint, and its sun baked, so the next thing will probably be paint. I want to keep it silver, grey, etc, but I dont know about the two tone. I do know I want the keep the body moldings and trim charcoal grey. I also think I might switch to 87+ quarter windows, or SVO sail panels. No too sure yet.
i'd repaint it the exact same color it already is...
hows the rest of the car like? mechanically speaking.

KB2ROCKET

Quote:
Originally Posted by KB2ROCKET
I bought a 1979 indy pace car in 79

Have any pics?

somewhere I do and the original window sticker too :laugh:

i'd repaint it the exact same color it already is...
hows the rest of the car like? mechanically speaking.
I think thats what I am going to do, I like the silver/charcoal tu tone. The short block has 170,000 on it, and is all stock. I did head gaskets when I bought it, and sent the stock e5's to be rebuilt. I still kick myself for not finding a set of GT-40p heads and putting those on instead, but I wanted to drive it asap and I didnt have the cash for a pair. For now, its good, I drive it every day and it hasnt let me down once. Im just waiting to finish up senior year, then ill focus on the engine. An E cam and GT-40P's are in its future. :thumbsup:

65ShelbyClone

Huh, I guess I missed this thread because I usually stay out of OT. Here's the Fox3 I have now:

And here's the one I had before that:

I really miss that GT. I sold the nice Mustang and now I have two that need work. :censure: The engine I built for it is in my '68 notchback now.

Huh, I guess I missed this thread because I usually stay out of OT. Here's the Fox3 I have now:

And here's the one I had before that:

I really miss that GT. I sold the nice Mustang and now I have two that need work. :censure: The engine I built for it is in my '68 notchback now.
Very nice mustangs. :thumbsup:

65ShelbyClone

Thanks. :smile: I want to get another white '89 GT like that one, but finding an example that clean and original will be tough. The guy I bought it from wasn't a gearhead. He took it to the dealer for all maintenance and just used it to commute.

The SVO handles better and goes further on a gallon, though. :laugh:

65ShelbyClone

You're right about that; I think the head is the worst part of the engine. A lot can be done to improve the stock casting, but it's still an ancient design and prone to cracking. They sure did a lot with almost nothing back in the early '80s, though. "Lets turbocharge and inject a Pinto engine, put it in a Mustang with Lincoln suspension, and whoop on the 5.0s." :laugh:

It's really too bad that Special Vehicle Operations didn't get the resources necessary to polish up their ideas. Marketing politics also got it the way....the SVO was derated from 205hp to 200hp in '86 so it wouldn't upstage the new SEFI 5.0L GT with 205hp. It's especially a shame considering this is what SVO planned to do with the 2.3T engine for '87:

Instead, only a couple prototype heads were built, the Mustang SVO was dropped altogether, and the SVO team disbanded, at least until it reassembled as SVT a few years later. Ford had also toyed with the idea of a twin turbo 5.8L Mustang Cobra in '88.