Anyone know what i got here?

delray

one engine with the tilly carb and exhaust still bolted on it is a briggs engine with a meth/carb on it.
other is for sure a tecumseh and looks to be a race engine with all the goodies on it , vke...valve relief...etc..:thumbsup:

The engine with the dark blue cooling shroud that has spots of yellow coming though is a 5HP Briggs and Stratton engine. However, I understand that the other engine that is missing a carburetor is a Tecumseh engine. I am unsure of the model/hp of the Tecumseh.

From the pictures, it looks like the Briggs engine you have is a Raptor, which is a great, strong motor for karts/minibikes.

Both look to be in great shape! But it is important to clean out methanol motors after they are used as I understand that the methanol quickly corrodes aluminium. Someone with more information on the subject will be able to better inform you on that.

-Jack

I just noticed that VKE racing stuff on their engine and looked them up - Wow! Really nice stuff, and good to know about. It is harder to find parts for Tecumseh performance engines as compared to say Briggs or clones, so finding a supplier of these Tecumseh parts is nice. I like their carb adapters/spacers.

I just noticed that VKE racing stuff on their engine and looked them up - Wow! Really nice stuff, and good to know about. It is harder to find parts for Tecumseh performance engines as compared to say Briggs or clones, so finding a supplier of these Tecumseh parts is nice. I like their carb adapters/spacers.
Yea, pretty cool they're local to me. I'm actually taking the engine in today for a freshen up and to kind of make a build plan for what i want to do!