Anyone try nylon wheels?

Have you ever ridden or seen a kid ride a "Big Wheel". If so, you're familiar with the fact that they can spin thewheels with peddle power. Or, once they get going, they can throw the bike into a real wild slide.
Nylon/hard plastic, it's about the same. It still boils down to no traction

delray

i have seen nylon rims on a new gokart and also seen them on electric wheel chairs and they have to hold lot of weigth with batteries and a person.

I have been looking at importing them from AZUSA and wondered the same thing

because they are light they don't cost as much to ship to Australia

I'll ask Tony the guy I'm dealing with at AZUSA and get back to you

I have some nylon/tubeless rims...not bored for bearings...supposed to be 'self-lubricating'...I don't wanna find out...they're in storage for now...

My turn to laugh. After responding, I started asking myself if they really could be making "nylon wheels". A bit of research this morning and......how about that! They do make wheels out of nylon.
So.....................................
That's all the humor I have for now. I'm going to take my Big Wheel and go out in the parking lot to play!

I was going to bore those nylon wheels I have to accept 12mm bearings, but there are three hassles...

1- They're one-piece...tire changes are more difficult.

2- They can't be polished or buffed like alloy...have to be painted, they look like snot 'raw'...

3- Weight savings due to material/tubeless design is minimal when you're talking 4"-8" wheel size...