anyone who know about saxonette engines

i have an old 2 stroke 47cc saxonette 2 speed auto engine. it has a bing carb. and runs great. i am looking to sell it but do not know what it is worth. does anybody a good website to research this? i have searched google but havent been able to come up with anything. can anyone give me a ballpark on what to ask for it? if anybody would like to see pics of it let me know and i can get them. thanks in advance for any replys.

it is a pull start engine. its a little dirty from siiting. it has the wiring coming out of the bottom of the case for head/tail/brake lights, and kill switch. i found in one of the threads on here that they could go for around $350 for one in ok condition. i know this one runs very well and shifts very well, so i will entertain any offers and see if anything hits the spot. Thanks

If the pull start is in good shape, it could be worth as much or more than your engine. These are rare and hard to find. I've seen them sell for $300.00 or more on Ebay. You may get more by selling them seperately. Just clean 'em up first. Escootz

If the pull start is in good shape, it could be worth as much or more than your engine. These are rare and hard to find. I've seen them sell for $300.00 or more on Ebay. You may get more by selling them seperately. Just clean 'em up first. Escootz
thanks for the advise. everything on this motor works great. maybe i will take it off and seperate them for ebay.:hack:

Jeeze , is that reALLY WHAT WE NEED MORE PARTS SEPARATED FROM MOTORS TO BRING MORE MONEY? takes all the fun out of the hobby when its a challenge to the bank account to buy parts.It would seem at least the guys on this site would promote keeping bikes motors togather and try to keep prices resonable. I saw it ruin the harley parts thing and i guess it does everywhere sooner or later. whatever...jonnybiker