Atv Frame Mini Project

Well my mini project is complete.I used a small atv frame rims ,tires, gas tank and seat.Everything else I machined or fabbed up.It has a 5hp. Honda ,Tav2 drive .rear60 tooth sprocket.It has 1971 Yamaha front forks that I widened and shortened.It runs real good and smooth.It goes as fast as you want it to go with those fat tires.(a little hairy).Needs tore down after summer for a nice paint job.I think I have under $200 inti for parts.The boys like it alot and beat on it.I'm starting my next project,which is a Toyoco with a 125 cc.Yamaha engine smashed into it.Thanks G_REX

delray

just like old man said, looks pretty slick:thumbsup:

:scooter:....could be the new generation look of a minibike.
more pictures on how you fab it would have been cool:thumbsup:

I'll try to find more pictures,but there were 3 different engines tried and alot of tacking and cutting trials on the frame for chain clearance and ect. Thanks for all the good comments,it's appriciated.

G-Rex, very nice work:thumbsup: I started out thinking that the "Foreign" bikes were "junk" Well most of them are! but here in Akron, Ohio, all the "junk" usually ends up at the scrap yard, I'll be watching for these frames there and maybe on "CL" also, cause, the one I got for "evaluation" looks like it will take a clone, without the tank, some other mods will have to be made too, the bike IS cute, but the 49cc's just don't got no TIM ALLEN !
dave

I probably should have not said junk,because I did get alot of parts I used from it.Also combining metric and english bolts becomes a pain.I've had my share of Yamaha,kaws,honda,ect.,I mean other producers and other places.My thing is,mass produced and poor quality,selling cheaply,flooding markets,but that leaves cheap usable parts for us to pick up ,cheap!You can pick up full quads,through a briggs or tec on it,and have a cool,cheap toy for the kids to beat on.