Axle fabrication

Hey guys! Not really a well known person around here at all, but I figure I better make myself known for the future. Anywho, I've got a question on making an axle. Looking at go powersports for a live axle is suicide on my wallet, and I wanted to know if you guys have any ideas on have to make a live axle. Any help is real appreciated.

Are you going drag racing? Live axle is considerably more complex and expensive than reg setup.
I built a live axle for my drag bike because of the high HP and quick acceleration

Hey guys! Not really a well known person around here at all, but I figure I better make myself known for the future. Anywho, I've got a question on making an axle. Looking at go powersports for a live axle is suicide on my wallet, and I wanted to know if you guys have any ideas on have to make a live axle. Any help is real appreciated.
Thomson shafting, 4130, 4140 are what I start thinking about for a kart live axle. I am set-up to grind these materials to shape them. They are quite difficult to drill, but it can be done. I don’t have the tooling to machine them, like for a splined-end.
So if you’re just going to weld some hubs direct, something like these could work. Especially if you use a split sprocket.
How big a kart, how heavy, what power plants, and how fast are you shooting for?

Check OldMiniBikes for the live axle ....
There's already a post for this? Shoot. Anyways, in replies to the other comments, the nuclear reactor I am gonna stick on it is a predator 212, and I hope to have something that could take me off road. What would be the best setup for that? I feel like a one wheel peel wouldn't be best for off road, but I don't really know. What y'all thinkin?

To be honest, when I did my live axle I used 1-1/4” gun drilled axle.
I have a bunch of extra material that I don’t need.
How wide of an axle do you need?
1-1/4” axle has many parts available since that is what the jr dragsters use. Bearings & cassettes, sprocket hubs, brake hubs, wheel hubs etc are readily available but are a little more money.
I can measure the 1-1/4” hollow steel axle shafts I have here, you can have it for shipping just let me know how long of a piece you need. They are very strong prob fine for off road but you could prob break anything if you run it hard enough

Let me know