Baja MB 165 keeps breaking keystock..help

Hi,

Bought my son the MB 165 last year and we are having issues with one of the keys that keeps shearing. The key I am talking about is the one used to lock the most rear sprocket under the black plastic chain cover. I do notice if I slowly push the bike backwards you can definitely feel something binding for a portion of the wheel rotation..not sure if it is related as what i am feeling could be something as simple as the brake dragging a bit...any ideas what I can look for?
I will see if i can take a picture tonight.

Thanks,
Tim

check your bearings

I was having the same problem. i went through 4 steel keystocks i got at my local napa. the same gears that u r talking about the nut that holds them in place vibrated off and tore the shaft up. i had to order a die for that. but when we were talking he told me to check my bearing he thought the were sticking. So i pulled the bearings out and spun them slowly and sure enough one was jaming. I ordered 2 new bearings from NAPA. They were $25 for the both. I haven't broke another keystock sence. The ones you want to order if your bearing sticks are stamped 6203z. They are sealed bearings no grease needed.