Baja Warrior

Been awhile since i posted about my Baja project gas tank and front forks. Ill try to add more pics today. Ive added the new functional gas tank and removed the tank from my Lifan 6.5. Need to order the petcock. I ground off the chain guard bracket, seat bracket on the cross member to fit the new tank and tab on the engine plate to support the jack shaft

Since I wont need the bolt holes on the cross member I filled those in and ground them down.

The Lifan is electric start so i removed the front brackets that were welded between the frame and the front stem pipe and welded new ones in that are larger. I plan on moving the key start switch to that area as well. Ive ran the wires through the frame so you wont see them.

Since the old tank is out of the way and I need a place for a battery, I built a battery box that will sit on top an engine top plate from ARC.

Was not really happy with no front brake, the size of the front wheel and gap between the 2 forks. After a through search of a motorcycle junk yard I found a 1977 Honda 75 that had a much larger front wheel, narrow forks and a manual front brake. The Baja threaded stem was a little longer and wider in diameter. Im currently in the process of trying to find a way to fit the Baja stem on the Honda triple tree arrangement. [

The back tire is a Speed Racer. Spacing if very tight and I've had to cut the rear fender to more of a bobber look. Not sure on the front fender yet.

A couple projects for the future: Powder coat the frame, build a removable tab for the jack shaft plate in case i ever to put it back and do the same for the factory chain guard.

A lot going on.

Bracing and Electric Start.jpg Top View Cross Member.jpg Speed racer.jpg Lifan Electric Start.jpg Battery Box.jpg FullSizeRender.jpg