Balloon or flag....

Hi everyone. I'm restoring a 67'/70' Golden Pinto with a H35 Tecumseh ('67) motor for my grandson. I'd like to know if the H35 had the balloon or flag decal on the shroud. :shrug:

Thanks for any help.

<><

Be interesting to figure a break down on the tanks, My 70 H35 is steel center fill I wonder if the side fill has any corellation with plastic and year :shrug:

Be interesting to figure a break down on the tanks, My 70 H35 is steel center fill I wonder if the side fill has any corellation with plastic and year :shrug:
that would make a good Tech thread, all the different style tanks...metal, plastic, center fill, right side fill, left side..etc....oh yeah and then there is the 1/2 tanks like my Bonanza came with....

here's a pic I grabbed off E-Bay...looks like the tanks with the seam that runs around vertically are metal.....? :shrug:

I have some horizontal seam center fill in steel

hmmmm..the plot thickens. Your right I remember my fathers Tec powered Ariens snowblower had a steel tank with horiz. seam ...that would have been aroung '69 or 70'.

Would be cool to get an idea what was "correct" for different bikes too, although I think the answer may be that the mfg. used whatever was available or lying around that day and so it varied.....:shrug:

zeeman

Hi How, Do you have a seller in mind for the decals/stickers you are going to use? If you are interested, there are some threads that talk about the quality and correctness of the reproductions. Don't tell Kustom if you find some good ones, just me!

Also on the original ad look at the decals
The white Tec looks to have the Balloon or a big flag? while the blag is small Flag
I think the black tank has the baloon decal and the white tank has the flags:doah::doah:

Call up that chick and tell her to turn the other bike around so we can settle this......:thumbsup:

zeeman

Yeah, and give me her number. She's hot. I actually remember that page well from the catalog. The Sears, Herters, etc. I wore those pages out looking and wishing.