Been a while since I made any progress on the warrior. Here's an update

Hi all, started school last year and haven't had much time to mess around with the MB. I finally got all my homework caught up and had some time off work and made some "upgrades" to my project. I also learned how to weld so now the sky is the limit as far as what i can do to the thing.

blah blah blah, here's some pics. I also had to get a new phone which isn't very good so sorry about the terrible photo quality.

P2vBF8n.jpg
here is the only pic i got from the night i made the pipe. bash all you want on the 45 bend, it's not a race kart so i don't care if it holds it back .057hp. it sounds cool and it's sharp. literally. i did cut it down after this pic, but my camera didn't cooperate and deleted the pic.

brwPS4x.jpg
this is after i spent the day grinding and measuring and cutting and remeasuring and recutting the original seat support into one that worked for me. I got a seat hinge from amazon for $8, modified it at work to be less wonky, the seat was donated from a friend's scrap pile, and the springs were sourced from a local motorcycle parts garage for about $3. so a spring seat for around $11. it's not pretty close up, but it works well and it's actually very comfortable. puts me a little bit lower and more back than the original seat so my nuts aren't jammed against the tank.

as far as the pipe, i didn't notice any gains in hp, but when i test rode it at 4 am in the rain with no headlights or streetlights, i didn't exactly "giv'er the beans." it does however sound really loud and rad and i'm happy with it. i'll probably make another pipe when i can find a tube bender or do better whitey bends.

next on the list is source or make handlebars, add a neck gusset, add lights and battery pack, clean out the sporty tank and ditch the 'to-go-box' style tank on the predator, do something with that ugly ass front fender, and finally paint it all. suggestions for these things are welcome.

so yeah, how's your day going?

bash all you want on the 45 bend, it's not a race kart so i don't care if it holds it back .057hp. it sounds cool and it's sharp. literally. i did cut it down after this pic, but my camera didn't cooperate and deleted the pic.
That would be a 90 degree angle; stay in school! :wink:

You could buy a mandrel bend (mandrel bends are not reduced in the bend) to replace that angle; it would flow much better.

Mild Steel Elbows: 90 Degree Mandrel Bend 1010 Mild Steel Tubing

that's another project. i have to move the engine a bit. when i get the final perfect engine placement i'll do something to tie it into the frame. probably zip ties.