Bent sprocket how to make it true again????

Just finishing my 71 rupp bandit resto and the only thing I have left to do is fix the rear sprocket. 71 bandit used a different sprocket than any other rupp so there not easy to find, mine is bent just a little but Before I take a hammer to it is figured I'd ask around to see if anyone has ever successfully trued a bent sprocket. I'd hate to throw the chain. Thanks.

Heat the sprocket with a gas torch and using a flat,hard surface,hammer the sprocket flat again. The temper may be taken out if you do this.
You can re-harden the sprocket by heating it evenly until it is red hot and quenching in a heavy oil.
There are many Youtube article showing what carbon content or adding carbon to the oil to harden the steel.
I have restored several sprockets and gears over the years by re-heat treating. This also reduces the wear on the sprocket and increase useful live of the sprocket.
I would not try to hammer the sprocket cold as it may crack.

IJG

No Hammer, Lay the sprocket on a flat surface, bow side up at all times. and rubber mallet it until you see it true again on both sides, , place back on rim, spin to locate more untrue area, then rubber mallet it again Lightly until you like it.