Best Buy for old man

Can anyone assist me in finding a good minibike. I'm about 210LBS and have never owned a minibike and would love to have one while camping. Is there one that would support my LBS and still run 20-30 mph? Through Northern Tool equipment they said the Baja MotorSports Doodle Bug Mini Bike — 97cc, Model# DB30 would only support 150lbs. They price it at $259.99

Thanks

the Doodlebug will be fine. i believe they rate it so low because the engine in those sucks (only 2.8hp). if you get a DB, plan on doing a 6.5hp swap as well.

if you have a Kragens/O'Reilly's/etc... in your area see if they have any DBs in stock. they've got them on clearance for $170 right now.

i'm around 270lbs and my DB has held up fine.

rudedog

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, boy, did I blow that figure out of the water!!! 350+ pounds and the DB does just fine with me(AFTER A 7HP ENGINE SWAP). Even stock, I would have to push off, but after it was moving it was fine. If you search the forum, you'll find the section where you can "turn-up" the power on the stock 2.8, it's still not much, and you WILL eventually want/need to do BIGGER ENGINE CONVERSION(see cjtmini). But as for supporting your weight, you'll be fine.

Live in Texas. Can't find an old mini-bike or I would. When you all say a "swap" does that mean someone would take the 2.8 that would come with it? What would the difference normally cost between the 2.8 and a 6.5 or 7?

Live in Texas. Can't find an old mini-bike or I would. When you all say a "swap" does that mean someone would take the 2.8 that would come with it? What would the difference normally cost between the 2.8 and a 6.5 or 7?
nope. you buy the 6.5 and do whatever you want with the 2.8. most people end up selling them for $50-$75. expect to spend $99-$150 for a 6.5 clone and another $25 for a new clutch. it won't just bolt it, you either need to drill/slot new holes (front and rear sprockets must be lined up) or pick up one of the mounting plates from cjtmini.

Can anyone assist me in finding a good minibike. I'm about 210LBS and have never owned a minibike and would love to have one while camping. Is there one that would support my LBS and still run 20-30 mph? Through Northern Tool equipment they said the Baja MotorSports Doodle Bug Mini Bike — 97cc, Model# DB30 would only support 150lbs. They price it at $259.99

Thanks
bajamotorsports also sell the mb165 also called baja heat,warrior and so on these bikes come with a 6.5hp engine and with the addition of a comet tav30 they cant be beat for the ride or the money they also have front shocks for off road riding ,if i would have seen these bikes first i would have never bought a doodlebug.some places you can catch mb165 on sale for $399 thats what i paid from BJ Wholesale here in Rochester N.Y

OK. Thank all.
Joshhoward, Wichita Falls Texas. Is there a place here or Dallas/Fort Worth you know of that I might be able to find one?

Here you go. Good luck with your search.

Alittle late for this. maybe there will be another. Minibike Meet

A couple frames and parts Vintage minibike parts

Frame Minibike Frame

Complete Great Vintage Mini Bike 5HP 2 seater

Project trike 3 wheel mini bike frame needs work

Project Mini Bike Frame

Honda 70 1974 Honda Trail 70 ct70

Nice sears but need to talk him down **1971 Sears Springer Mini Bike

Cool oldschool MTD >>Classic Mini Bike/ Cycle<<

Nice cheap complete minibike Classic Mini Bike

Well thats a start for you. Im sure you can find something cool.