Best Fuel for 6.5 clone

125ccCrazy

Thanks so higher the octane the better?
no not necessarily, with low compression too high of octane will actual decrease performance because the engine cannot burn it efficently and vice versa, high compression and using low octane fuel will decrease power.... You can run 94 like Bandit said without any problem, I usually run 94 in mine also just because it smells better burning but with a stock engine I didn't notice any power gains over 89 or 92 octane......

bandit 40

yeah on a stock engine I wouldn't spend any more money than needed on fuel, im sure alot of people would say the same thing.:smile:

some gas stations have better quality fuel than others, If it is stale, dirty, or watered down it will run worse. in california many years back environazis got some additive put in the fuel that caused nothing but problems. Sunoco has decent quailty pump gas in my area, when I was in california chevron seemed to have the better fuel, If your lucky enough to have a 76 station their fuel is awesome if they even exist anymore. but wherever you live it may be different. If you have a car and notice your car runs better when using their fuel I would just get the fuel there. STale gas sux!

the chevron around me in kentucky is the worst fuel it will deteriorate your fuel meter in the tank so you never know how much gas you have.

I know it seems smart to protect your motor and run the higher octane but truthfully all your doing is waisting your money and robbing your motor of a little power.

125cc hit the nail on the head, with such a low compression (8:1) it takes your clone longer to burn the higher octane, you may not be able to feel the very slight loss in power by the seat of the pants when riding it but trust me if you test it on a dyno the numbers prove that 89 octane is the best.

If your motor is modded and has high compression forget what i just said.