best way to cut off unwanted welded on brackets and added steal to frames

I74

What kind of spot putty would you use. Was thinking small dab of if job weld so it never come off can you powder coat over putty or job weld?
JB weld works ''real good'' for that,, & even add's a wee bit of strength,, plus sands & paints over well. ;)

Just want to make sure the surfaces are super clean & scuffed up with ''coarse grit'' something or another,, so the Epoxy gets a good bite.

I

Li'l Popeye

I would cut the unwanted parts of with a grinder with thin cutting wheel 125mm diam. And finish with fiber disc on grinder. My experience with fiber discs is that it's easier to get a flat surface vs the flap discs.

I74

Yea,, those work real good,, plus there is various ''grit'' types of those..
Used to use ''alot ''of that type of stuff when I was a career Mechanic, with using Die grinders,, especially when rebuilding engines ect. ect.

You just don't want to hit stuff to much,, especially like head & block faces,, as you can take to much off ''real quick'',, regardless if Alum. or Iron ect..

Less is generally better.,, unless you got a bunch of rust ect. ;)

I

Last edited:

Triley41395

I would cut the unwanted parts of with a grinder with thin cutting wheel 125mm diam. And finish with fiber disc on grinder. My experience with fiber discs is that it's easier to get a flat surface vs the flap discs.
Yea,, those work real good,, plus there is various ''grit'' types of those..
Used to use ''alot ''of that type of stuff when I was a career Mechanic, with using Die grinders,, especially when rebuilding engines ect. ect.

You just don't want to hit stuff to much,, especially like head & block faces,, as you can take to much off ''real quick'',, regardless if Alum. or Iron ect..

Less is generally better.,, unless you got a bunch of rust ect. ;)

I
Just to let you guys know this turd is a Scammer. I'm glad there are still some willing to help out but don't get taken by this guys bullshit.

Li'l Popeye

I'm no turd or a scammer?! I wouldn't recommend using these fiber discs for head or block faces. These fiber discs are not meant for that purpose. But for the job the topic starter mentioned, they work great.