Big carb question

On the left is the carb that was on my 10HP and its non adjustable on the right is a larger adjustable carb I found in my parts bin, it's surprisingly clean inside and might not even need a rebuild. What carb/size is it? 12HP? or just a bigger one used for 10HP?

Also, would they use the same rebuild kit? Thanks.

Last edited:
Couldnt tell you what it was but maybe off one of those bigger HH120 type motors.

Also... on your carb that doesnt have the adjustable main, Can't you add the adjustable nut on the bottom and would it work? I mean you will still have a fixed idle circut but usually those are set pretty good. I've never tried it or heard anybody try it.

Hey GTO

Looks like the carb i got on my Powell. I bought it new on ebay. Ill look at it to see the numbers. It was listed as a 12hp carb.

Josh

Hey GTO

Looks like the carb i got on my Powell. I bought it new on ebay. Ill look at it to see the numbers. It was listed as a 12hp carb.

Josh
I'd get a bag of them cheap and hope one or worked and use the others for parts. I was happy to find a big one in there and it's super clean inside and nothing in the float either. (see pic before cleaning) Hope it works!

Last edited:
OK I put it on today and the carb works with no rebuild kit, it would idle pretty good but when I gunned and let off quick ( with no load) I'd get a back fire and a little black smoke while gunning. I figure it's running rich but when I turn the high speed down to far it gags so there's a fine line. The other problems are this carb has an elbow so the gas line is a pain to rig and the choke is spring loaded and I don't have any manual types that fits.

Josh, what plug are you running on the 10HP?