Bonanza / Silver Shadow / BikeFor Sale

Great looking bikes.... really like the Bonanza series with the Hodaka power.

Found one at a swap meet about 15 years ago and passed
on it 'cause they were asking $700.00 and now I've been kicking myself ever since.

mardyn

About a year or two ago, I also listed my 3 bikes for sale as a package deal without much luck. I did receive several enquires about individual
bikes but any real buyers have yet emerge. I have enjoyed conversing with potential buyers though, some serious and some just kicking the tires.

Vintage minibikes are tough to sell even when priced only to recapture some of the investment in restoration costs.

Good luck
mardyn

Midyrman

The BC1500SH bikes are the versions built around 1969. Both bikes have e-code engines with serial numbers within the range of serial numbers for the Hodaka engines used for the BC1500SH bikes. So the engines are correct for the bike. Moreover, each engine is believed to be original to the respective bike based on the history of each bike. For certain the engine on the bike with the weaker cosmetics is original to the bike as its history is known. The other bike was purchased several years ago from a Forum member and there wasn’t a reason to believe the engine isn’t original to the bike. Probably more information than you were looking for. Both engines have been gone through and rebuilt.

Other members probably know more about the year and how the Hodaka engines and build dates are correlated or not correlated as the case may be.

Thanks.

Tom

The BC1500SH bikes are the versions built around 1969. Both bikes have e-code engines with serial numbers within the range of serial numbers for the Hodaka engines used for the BC1500SH bikes. So the engines are correct for the bike. Moreover, each engine is believed to be original to the respective bike based on the history of each bike. For certain the engine on the bike with the weaker cosmetics is original to the bike as its history is known. The other bike was purchased several years ago from a Forum member and there wasn’t a reason to believe the engine isn’t original to the bike. Probably more information than you were looking for. Both engines have been gone through and rebuilt.

Other members probably know more about the year and how the Hodaka engines and build dates are correlated or not correlated as the case may be.

Thanks.

Tom
How much for the both of them