brake job

Just got 2 new baja blitzs,my question is how do you adjust the disk break? both of mine are rubbing the pads pretty good and slowing me down.

Vaxian

Brakes

I just repaired 2 Baja bikes for a guy, his just had a cable that pulled the pads, just loosen up that cable and let the lever back some.

This will be on the back wheel

Hope this helps

fonz

There's a set screw with a lock nut on it right in the middle of the main body. Loosen the nut, then turn in the set screw clock-wise. The set screw will push against the brake pad and force it inwards toward the disk brake. Tighten the lock nut to secure the set screw's position. I've found it easier if the wheel is above the ground so you can spin the tire as you adjust the set screw. This will save you pulling the cable through it's retainer and give you a little more life out of a set of brake pads. Back off the set screw when you install a new set of pads.

Last edited:
have you thought about doing a hydraulic caliper setup? there's a thread on here about it and they are well worth the money ($54 shipped for me). i checked them a few days ago and they were still out of stock though (for maybe a couple of months, bunch of people from here jumped on it).

it's a bolt on upgrade that is worth it. at most you'll have to get some washers to get it spaced correctly.

my friend tried mine out and was very impressed (he's got a 110cc Lifan w/ a 4spd in his DB, it's fast). he rode mine and his first question was "what'd it cost you for the brake?". :laugh:

Last edited:

bandit 40

Yes Strigoi, is correct that brake system is the Cats Meow , I installed it on a DB and it is a night and day difference I have to ease on the brake, because it stops Right Now:thumbsup: for sure worth all the money:smile: