Brakes?

I agree with Josh a clutch brake is last on the list, Even a scrub is better.

What happens if you pop a chain and you are running with a clutch brake.... You have zero brakes.

I would take a look at using a mechanical disc setup, They are very cheap and work very good.
you still have feet and a scrub brake eats away at the tire

I agree about the scrub brake, but your feet dont work so well going down hills or on dirt. I ride my minibikes hard and like to know when I hit the brakes they are going to stop me. To each is own I guess, I just like to keep using thing that I know work. Not hope they work....

I agree about the scrub brake, but your feet dont work so well going down hills or on dirt. I ride my minibikes hard and like to know when I hit the brakes they are going to stop me. To each is own I guess, I just like to keep using thing that I know work. Not hope they work....
well there has only been once were i needed to stop when i had no brake

Hey Jesse

The clutch brakes have a few problems. Yes it is easy and it doesnt take any mods to install it, but its the worst brake in my opinion. The bigest thing to me is the heat! It puts tons more heat on the clutch. You would go through clutches faster. If the chain pops no brakes! Also they are loud.

Josh

Mac

Clutch brakes work very well. I use them on most all of my projects. If the chain pops off and you have no brakes you have a problem with the chain, not the brake.

Hahahaha! Is that pieces of jeans stuck on the end of that clutch? :biggrin:

That brake looks like it's rubbing (standing still) like mine did. I'd love to try another because it was stock but,,,,,,,

Anyone like the brake on the sproket? With the chain lube screw up the caliper? :confused:

Hahahaha! Is that pieces of jeans stuck on the end of that clutch? :biggrin:

That brake looks like it's rubbing (standing still) like mine did. I'd love to try another because it was stock but,,,,,,,

Anyone like the brake on the sproket? With the chain lube screw up the caliper? :confused:
yea it ate them for lunch :doah: it doesnt rub at all

yea it ate them for lunch :doah: it doesnt rub at all
Well hell, our bike was stock with the clutch brake and we spent a few hours figuring which way to go of the 3 choices. Maybe we'll give a new clutch brake a try JUST SO WE HAVE BRAKES! But I do have a parted zuma caliper I can put on the sproket but I'd hate to weld a bracket and find out it don't work because of chain lube. Also a scrub would have to have a LOOOONG bar because the pegs are up front and we want a clean look. :doah::doah::doah:

Hey GTO

A few different minibike manufacturers used the caliper on the sprocket. Ive never owned one, but im about to put a caliper on the sprocket on my Super Bronc. When i get to it ill let you know how it works.

Josh

I have never had a problem with chain lube messing with the caliper. After I lube my chain I usually run a rag around the braking surface to make sure the surface is clean. I have used this setup at least 5 diffrent times and it just plan works good, well worth the time to weld the bracket on...

I have never had a problem with chain lube messing with the caliper. After I lube my chain I usually run a rag around the braking surface to make sure the surface is clean. I have used this setup at least 5 diffrent times and it just plan works good, well worth the time to weld the bracket on...
Well your post made me try it. I don't know what brake you used but we pulled one of a scooter tacked one on today. (see new post)