Brakes?

Nova

I have this mini bike almost complete but i cant figure out how i can put brakes on it. There is no room for drum brakes.

ANY SUGGESTIONS?

Looks like there's a bracket right by your sprocket that you could bolt a mechanical caliper on and use your sprocket for the rotor. I've seen it done that way before. You can get the calipers cheap on ebay. They're for minibikes or gokarts.

Nova

Im in NY but my father has a welding shop in Manhattan.

The sprocket seem to be to close to the tire, and looks like a caliper wont fit on.

I'm kinda curious about the band brake now but I've never taken a good look at band brakes up-close. Anyone have any good pics? I have a friend with a go-kart that has band brakes but I think he sold it awhile back.

how exactly do you mount a band brake on a clutch?

If anyone has close up pictures that would be great!

Thanks Nova
you take off the clutch and there is a plate that bolts to the block and the you put on the clutch and then you put a bolt on with the band but the bolt has to have a hole in it then you run the cable through the bolt and then you get a little round thing with a hole in it and has a screw and you but that in the other end of the band and run the cable trough that ill post pics in the morning

I'm in the same boat on one bike and it had the clutch brake on it but it always dragged the cluch and moved around after braking a few times, it also heats the clutch so I took it off. Maybe mine was just screwed but you could do a scrub and also do a bracket on the othere side of the wheel and mount a disc there. I have roome to weld a bracket on the right hub but mine are steel rims. GTO

Hey Nova

Do you have a welder? Or any of your friends with welders? You can cut off the old caliper bracket and re weld it on. Trust me! You would be much happyer with a disk brake! The clutch brake is the worst option, other then no brakes!

Josh

Hey Nova

Do you have a welder? Or any of your friends with welders? You can cut off the old caliper bracket and re weld it on. Trust me! You would be much happyer with a disk brake! The clutch brake is the worst option, other then no brakes!

Josh
y is that i like my clutch brakes better then drum brakes

I agree with Josh a clutch brake is last on the list, Even a scrub is better.

What happens if you pop a chain and you are running with a clutch brake.... You have zero brakes.

I would take a look at using a mechanical disc setup, They are very cheap and work very good.