Brandt Hansen Update

Hello again ! Just letting the "mini bike world" know that I finally got through to Brandt Hansen on Wednesday after trying to call him several times. I talked to him on the phone for quite awhile and I think we got everything straightened out. I voiced my complaints and he voiced his. He sent my box containing ALL of my stuff by U.P.S. and I got this yesterday on Friday. Nothing got done but never the less I got back what is mine ! ;-) I'm sure he is not happy with me but I figure it still takes two to Tango. No hard feelings on my part for Brandt and I consider this dilemma water under the bridge. I'm convinced that Brandt certainly means well but I also still think that he is taking on more responsibility than he is realistically able to handle all by himself. I also think he has a wonderful business with a lot to offer ! This, at least, is my opinion. I never meant to cause Brandt or anyone else any harm by coming to this site to voice my concerns. So, having said that, this restoration project will now move forward with hopefully no more delays !

1971 Manco Chopper

Yeah, the guy who has been doing Brandt's plating work retired and more or less left it in the hands of people who don't care and didn't follow through to get the work done. The plating work they did do, like some of my stuff, did not get done right and never got corrected by them. Hence, in my case at least, the long delay. I didn't realize this, of course, until I finally got through to talk to Brandt. Now my parts that need plating work done will go out on Monday to a plating company I know about and I'm told to expect them back in around two weeks ! ;-) This could have been taken care of many months ago by me had I known the plating work was a problem. This gets back to the fact that I think Brandt means well but has a very big plate of people that he does his best to try to keep satisfied all by himself ! Water under the bridge. I will now just move on.

Manco Chopper

Communication is the key. Not answering the phone or e-mails or returning calls and e-mails always causes problems. He had your stuff way longer than promised and if he had communicated his problems with you it likely would not have escalated to a major issue with you. If a person is too busy to keep his customer informed it is only going to cause problems and will give a good business a bad name. Just my $.02.