Briggs 5hp I/C with gear reduction

Thepaetsguy

Hello all going to pick this 5hp I/c up in a bit for $25 doesn’t currently run but we know how that goes... good deal? Can I swap a standard crank into it? 89D8268B-565D-4EA9-BB20-C96C38D48467.jpeg 13F3F295-586D-454B-B074-776AF5176BE5.jpeg

Thepaetsguy

That small shaft is a 2:1 REVERSE it is the camshaft. You might think about that before you cut it off.
I will not cut the tiller shaft I have done a tiny bit of my homework. Do you wanna know what success looks like? because this is what success looks like! It was tried on this forum before and not accomplished but I got it! The spacer is off new bearing ordered! the spacer under the crank bearing allows you to convert any standard no Bearing/bushing crank to a flywheel side bearing crank. now I just need to find the part number of the spacer. I have the correct seal to convert the front cover to standard 3/4 so this works perfectly! 9DD18300-9630-4848-9889-D16F9BC43C5D.jpeg

Thepaetsguy

I'm confused. Don't you mean the PTO side? This pic is of the side cover, seal, bearing and bushing.
The Pto side will not have a bearing until I buy a cover and bearing from eBay. For now it will only be flywheel side bearing. I have the brand new flywheel side bearing ordered.. And do intend to order an eBay bearing sidecover. E886E6AE-8832-426C-90C5-C5B572E16E0F.jpeg 0F4ECF4C-3DC3-40C9-9AA9-FB72E274E74A.jpeg

Thepaetsguy

If you don't have plans for the red gear reduction that you removed, I could sure use it.
I have no computer and just this old iPhone with a cracked screen.. I’m sure I’d need to find my paypal login also. is there a way I can box it and get a shipping label? If I could just figure out shipping with no computer Id send it to you for whatever it actually cost to ship it. Never shipped anything in my life. been trying to figure it out...

I am in coastal North Carolina. near Jacksonville. Are you within an 8 hour drive from there? I can travel that far in a day.
Or I could send you money, you box it and ship it.