Briggs Raptor price

Hey guys/gals
I found a Briggs Raptor III on CL going for $250 obo. Is this a good deal or should I pass?

Posted description:
Up for sale is my Briggs & Stratton Raptor Racing Motor! It is completely ported and polished, High Performance Dyno racing Cam, Dynoded at over 15hp with current setup. The carb is ported and jetted to run Ethanol high octane fuel. Was on my go cart and has been collecting dust since I quit racing a while back. Would be a great motor for the Karting racers or hobbyist. Never had any issues when I used it. Rebuilt after each race to ensure no engine wear. I'm asking $250 obo. Possible trades depending on the offer.

rap2.PNG
rap.PNG

Last edited:
it says OBO starting price is reasonable if it really has those parts but who knows what is inside. If it has a billet rod and good flywheel then for sure it is worth it. The carb being for alky needs to be replaced with a gas carb unless you want to run alky. Make him a offer.

Find out what can,rod,piston,and flywheel first. Just a standard raptor? No too much.with good parts as noted above,not that bad of a price.
Another thing....most raptor engines modified for ally were methanol,not ethanol.

Another thing to remember. A 15 hp engine will have a big cam without a compression release. You can't pull start those...
You can try but they can kick back and tear your hand and arm ligaments, break fingers etc. Just a warning.
Danford1