Brigss and Stratton 5hp?

Anyone know if you can use and aftermarket carb on a B&S 5hp 206cc Lighting Coil Cast Iron Bore engine and if so what is the diameter of the intake? ie: 22mm, 24mm etc etc. The engine model number is 131436.
Thanks

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
EC and a lot of others make intakes for the briggs 5hp. They have intakes from 18mm-28mm. Do you have a 2 bolt, or 3 bolt mounting flange for the intake?

EC and a lot of others make intakes for the briggs 5hp. They have intakes from 18mm-28mm. Do you have a 2 bolt, or 3 bolt mounting flange for the intake?
It is a 2 bolt flange and Im sorry but EC? I am fairly new on here so I have not figured out all the abbrevations and acronyms yet.

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
It is a 2 bolt flange and Im sorry but EC? I am fairly new on here so I have not figured out all the abbrevations and acronyms yet.
EC is a company that makes intakes, and sells tillotson racing carburetors.

The block on the carb mounting flange will either have the new style 3 bolt flange, or older 2 bolt mounting flange.

GRE

well the first thing you are gonna want to do is put in a ARC rod. and just keep the same bore piston, but put in a stronger one.
you can get alot of real good parts at any kart shop. go to dyno cam website, the 7x is a good cam, not a modified cam but better that stock. carb, you can get a way with stock appearing carb that will rip. i would net mess with mod a carb leave that to the pros. if you dont millt he head you could give up some compression, but will allow you to get max valve lift. if you are gonna miodify a briggs flat head you will definalty have to have the exhaust lifter bore reinforced. like a i said a good kart shop can do it.
pm me and i can recommend some, for parts etc.