Buffalo t777

So I been thinking about restoring my Montgomery wards Buffalo trail bike , it's a running driving bike that I haven't had to spend any money on in The last 5 years. I've been thinking about putting a newer motor in it as well as new tires and painting it..... just because I love the bike and it's been so good to me IMG_20170903_193440.jpg I believe the engine has been rebuilt already it starts and runs just fine just curious about your thoughts on it

Attachments

That's a neat bike.

Do it a favor, and keep the engine original.

I can't tell from the pictures, but it looks in really good condition.

Does it really need restoring...or just a good detailing ?

It's only original once ! :)

Lizardking

Cool bike! Since you asked..
It would be ashamed to lose whats left of the original bike. The welding should of been done a different way to hide the welds. Slug to join the tubes, then weld and grind to match the tubes curves on that spot. You can paint that spot and try to blend it in. There is ways to making new paint look old.

I'd keep that engine and buy correct decals for it. Good cleaning is needed for sure. I wouldn't mind a light coat of clear to preserve and protect it. You still have the rear fender that's on it on one of your pictures? Put it back on if you do and don't throw any of the parts you change.

chrisr

When I was a kid, I would sit on one of those at Mongomery Wards while my dad shopped and dreamed, I was riding it. Nice bike and brings back fond memories. Thanks for sharing.