Build a Sleeper by putting Tec HS40 shrouds on a HS50 Short Block?

markus

Got the "HS40+10" finished up, swapped the shroud over, did a little more break-in and fine tune on the test stand, sprayed it yesterday and decaled it this morning. got it out baking in the sun for the day/drying the waterslide decals out so I can polish it up tonight and get he water spots and glue residue off tonight:thumbsup:

Opted for exhaust paint on the muffler instead of painting it on the engine, that way if a header gets used there wont be any missing paint in that area, and of course the paint on the muff wont burn if it end up on a rider. Ends up matching the rubber parts and my tanks pretty good when I refurbish them since they end up getting semi flat look when they are done so I think it flows together pretty decent even though its a deviation from factory.

the first one a did a few years ago I called an "HS-X", This year I am calling this one an "HS40+10". My other one had some chrome on it and was a a resto-custom look. This one I am trying to keep it looking like a factory made HS40 from 1970.

Just so you know its really an HS50 heres a shot of the ports as it really is hard to tell when they have been backdated and fully assembled:

Its actually getting this riveted shroud. after doing more research, the engines I had in mind with this style muffler are seen with them, Just needed some finish work to be nice and smooth, its almost there:

Just got it finally together enough to test it out:

[video=youtube;9duFj_B2SAs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9duFj_B2SAs[/video]